After twenty-two years as editor, Adam Pasco has decided to step down.
Lucy Hall takes over as editor after ten years as Pasco's deputy.
With overall responsibility for the editorial direction and leadership of BBC Gardeners’ World magazine, Hall will work with web editor Daniel Haynes to develop content. (image: Lucy Hall)
Lucy Hall says: “So much of gardening is about sharing a passion for plants and the outdoors. So it’s very exciting to be involved in our expanding online and digital formats, which, alongside the printed magazine, are fantastic resources to help gardeners get results and provide a forum for ideas and problem-solving.”
Further changes sees David Hurrion promoted to deputy editor. Ross Bayton promoted to gardening editor, Tamsin Hope Thomson to commissioning editor and Catherine Dawes takes on responsibility for the magazine’s content with a grow-your-own theme, as well as retaining her role for new products.
Lucy Hall's career so far:
- Deputy editor, BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine, since 2002
- Freelance writer on music and the arts 2000-2002
- Editor, Classic FM Magazine, 1997-2000
- Deputy editor, Gardens Illustrated, 1992-96.
- Began her journalism career with Haymarket, working on trade press weeklies.